GOD’S ETERNAL PURPOSE
1. The Scheme of Redemption has been the means by which I have been able to mine the rich treasures of God’s Word. My wife’s grandfather, Tom Howard, often said to understand the Bible you must understand God’s eternal purpose.
He further added that everything taught in the Bible must harmonize with that purpose.
Ed Wharton refers to this subject as “The Grandfather of All Bible Study.”
The Scheme of Redemption is a study of that purpose.
2. The word “purpose” means “to set before or set forth, to propose or determine.” The purpose is equivalent to God’s will (Eph. 1:5,9,11) and God’s wisdom (Eph. 1:8).
3. The purpose of God is “an eternal purpose purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Eph. 3:10,11). And the existence of the church is a manifestation of that purpose.
4. The purpose of God predates time and creation. Before there was a heaven and an earth there was God and His purpose to create and redeem man.
5. That purpose remained a mystery, hidden or secret (Eph. 1:9; 3:1-22; 6:19; Col. 1:25-27; 2:2,3; 4:3; 1 Cor. 2;7; 1 Tim. 3:16) throughout the time of the law and the prophets. (Further lessons will give prophecies, promises, types and shadows of this purpose.)
6. With the coming of Christ, and the establishment of the church, the mystery was revealed or made known to apostles and prophets.
7. It is this “revealed mystery” or “open secret” that this class and course will discuss.
I. THE ETERNAL PURPOSE OF GOD INVOLVED:
II. ALL THOSE BLESSING PURPOSED BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN
ARE “IN CHRIST” (Eph. 1:3-14).
A. Christ is the CENTRAL PERSON and the church or salvation THE CENTRAL SUBJECT in The Scheme of Redemption – God’s Eternal Purpose.
B. Ephesians 1:3-14 is a statement of praise to God the Father (vs. 3-6), to Christ the Son (vs. 7-12) and to the Holy Spirit (vs.13,14).
C. Ephesians 3:20,21 offers an appropriate benediction to this lesson: “Now unto Him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Jesus Christ, throughout all ages, world without end, Amen.”
"Yours For The asking"
This course will help to improve Bible knowledge, and mental and spiritual wisdom.
So Call: 731.686.1699
Check out Theme 2022-"Marriage and the Family"